Sunday, August 12, 2007

Summer Time


Summer time in the "Big Easy" somehow has quickly come and gone. It seems like the school bells were just ending and now they are just again beginning. Here are a few highlights of the summer.

Hannah and her friend Megan did a week Cheer leading camp
Caden did a baseball camp
Addie attended camp at her Pre-school, John Calvin, for two weeks
Hannah then did Acorn Camp at Chapelle High School for two weeks
Went swimming many times at Elmwood
We then flew to Las Vegas then drove the two hours to St George
Addie learned how to swim all by herself We played many hours in the pool Saw the movie Ratatouille
Drove to Bountiful
Went down the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster
Went rock climbing
Went to Cherry Hills
The girls got pampered at the Cosmetology school
Caden learned to ride his bike Caden and Hannah learned to Rollerblade
Went to the Nordstrom sale (need I say more)
Saw the movie Hairspray not once, but twice
Went swimming at the new Bountiful Rec center
Caden lost his first tooth. Both the Bountiful and the NOLA Tooth Fairy visited him Saw the Bountiful Fireworks
Caden had his first sleepover with his good buddy Carson
Hannah had many sleepovers with her friends from school, but most of all her dear friend MckenzieCelebrated my 32ND birthday
Went to the Blog party
Ran through the fountains at the Gateway
Read 3 great books
Hannah read 6 books this summer. I am so proud of her.
Ate at my favorite restaurants that they don't have here in NOLA: Cafe Rio, Paradise Bakery, and Rumbi's
Our fun has continued as we have made our way back home. We have continued to swim almost daily and to play with our friends.

It has been a great summer for us. It seems to have gone by so fast. I guess when you are having fun with the people you love the time just flies by.

8 Comments:

Blogger Becky T said...

Yeah, how is it that summer just flies by like that??? It's crazy! Although, with this heat, I don't think I'll miss it much when it's gone. :) And can I just say... CAFE RIO...YUM!!!! And I didn't even get any on my trip. How sad!

August 12, 2007 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Whew! Looks like lots of water and friends filled your summer. I am glad you are switching schools, I hope it is a smooth transition for your kiddos, I'm sure they'll adjust easily.

August 12, 2007 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Sounds like it was a busy and fun summer!! I had Cafe Rio when we were in UT, sooooo good!

August 13, 2007 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

What a fabulous summer you had! I agree that it has seemed like a blur- I can't believe school is starting this morning!

August 13, 2007 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I'm so you are back blogging!
My kiddos start at a new school this year, too. I say, trust your instincts!
What a fun-filled summer for you guys. Enjoy your last NOLA year!

August 13, 2007 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

What a great summer! I've never gone crazy at the Nordstrom's sale, but it is tempting.

I hope your are getting settled back into your routines!

August 13, 2007 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Cafe Rio and Rumbi's, I am happy to say I had those too! We need to do it together one of these days.

Double tooth fairy visits? I better not let my kids see that one. I am glad you took so many great photos!!

August 13, 2007 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I hate how fast this summer went by. It looks like you managed to cram in tons of fun, though! Kind of cool to see a whole summer's worth of activities summed up like that.

August 18, 2007 at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home