Monday, April 16, 2007

Two Week Overview

Where does the time go? I feel as if I never have time to post all the pictures or things that are happening in our little family.
The kids and I spent a fun filled spring break together that consisted of movies, late nights, play dates, and a brief trip from Uncle Aaron.
I am so grateful for my brother-in-law Aaron for coming into town and installing our plantation shutters. He also installed a new kitchen faucet, added more shelves to the girls closet, and fixed the base board in our half bathroom. Our time in NOLA is coming to an end and we will be putting our house on the market in the next six to eight months, so it was nice to be able to get somethings crossed of our to-do list.

Easter:
We had a wonderful holiday! It was wonderful to carry on traditions of coloring Easter eggs, making sugar cookies, and the annual hunt. It was also wonderful to discuss what Easter is all about with my children. Our primary did a wonderful job of discussing Jesus's resurrection (they gave each child an egg that was filled with a piece of red cloth, a rock, and a sacrament cup). It was wonderful to hear them explain each item.
I am so blessed to be a part of this gospel and to know that my family will be together forever because of the love of our Savior.
I took the kids to Jean Laffite Preserve to do a little hiking around the swamp. We were hoping to see a little wildlife (alligators), but the weather did not permit. We did have fun playing a game of "Simon Says", and climbing on the cypress trees. We will definitely go back when the weather is warmer. The kids headed back to school, but it was short week. Hannah had a field trip. I was able to accompany Hannah to the Audobon Zoo. It was a beautiful day! We enjoyed watching the Orangutans beg for food, and climbing on monkey hill. Field day was enjoyed by all. Hannah and Caden had a field day where their classes engaged in friendly competition with other classes. Caden's class took 1st place in the Kindergarten division and he came in 3rd place in the sprint. Hannah's class was 2nd in the 2nd grade division. They were able to come home with ribbons and medals which they were very proud to talk about and display. Caden also had the honor of being one of two kids in his class to be the balloon holder, he was really excited about this.

Addie even had a great time snapping random pictures of my feet, the grass, my stomach, but she did manage do get a good one of me in kids colors. Kindergarten's colors were orange and white second grade was yellow and brown, so white and yellow is what I wore to cheer them on.Hayden B. this picture is just for you. Let's hope I can get better at blogging, so I don't have to do this again.


































2 Comments:

Blogger Amy W. said...

I'm with you--where does the time go? I am way behind in blogging. Sounds like you guys have had a couple of fun weeks. The kids look darling!

April 22, 2007 at 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to meet you fleurdelismeltmyheart.blogspot.com owner found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

February 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home