Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Spt- Most Treasured Item

This week's challenge was to show & tell one of your most treasured items. The catch (Yes, there is a catch) it must be smaller than a deck of cards. I instantly thought of something that I cherish with all of my heart, and that is my wedding ring. I absolutely love my wedding ring! Richard, for our tenth anniversary surprised me with a new wedding set. Every time I look at my ring I am reminded of things we have accomplished together. We survived Medical School, we had 3 children, bought our first home, started Residency, evacuated from Katrina, moved back to NOLA, and I couldn't imagine doing all of those things with any other man. I am so blessed to have him in my life. That is why my most treasured item is my wedding ring. It is not only beautiful, but it is a constant reminder of how lucky I am.


14 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Your ring is gorgeous. Doug keeps telling me he wants to replace mine--he's so funny about it. Great thoughts--ditto to them all!

May 1, 2007 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Love your thoughts and ring. My most treasured item was my ring, too.

May 1, 2007 at 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband and what a gorgeous ring!

May 1, 2007 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It is beautiful and what a reminder of beautiful things.

May 1, 2007 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Beautiful, It's amazing how much life changes in 10 years. Love your ring.

May 1, 2007 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

It seems like we were in the same mind set today. I love you ring.

Have a great week!

May 1, 2007 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Crystalyn said...

what a beautiful ring and a beautiful relationship. you truly have accomplished a lot together!

May 1, 2007 at 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out that bling! Beautiful Allison. Great thoughts today. Yes, we are some very lucky gals!

May 2, 2007 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger sista # 2 said...

Beautiful SPT post! I'm sure your hubs is just beaming!(if he reads your blog):) Janae

May 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always loved your ring! Great post--you've been through a lot. You deserve that rock!

May 4, 2007 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

Love this, Alli!
The gerber daisy thoughts were so sweet, too. Love catching up on you!

May 4, 2007 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

That is so sweet. What a lot of big things you have done together! Your ring is beautiful, too.

May 7, 2007 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great spt post, allison. thanks for sharing!

May 7, 2007 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

i think i would choose the same thing. it's amazing how many memories can be tied to one thing!

June 8, 2007 at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home