Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Day!

I have stated that this transition back to NOLA has not been easy on my family. My children have not been welcomed with open arms back into their school. A few of Hannah's teachers would not even help her bridge the different curriculum's of Utah and Louisiana together. The teacher stated "it was not her problem to help her."

We have shed several tears and have had several tummy aches about school. As a mother my heart was breaking to see my children going through these challenges and not be able to step in and magically make them all better. I was trying to be their biggest cheerleader, but at times I too wondered if it was the right decision to return (not that we really had a choice). As the term went along things started to get better, we sort of feel into our groove.

I am happy to report (for my journal documentation only) that Hannah made it on the Honor Roll and Caden was Student of Month for the month of February. I am so proud of both of my children for all of their hard work and dedication to schooling. I know it has not been an easy transition for them. They are both great kids and I am so lucky to have them along with their little sister, Addie, in my little family.

9 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I can't imagine the difficulty and emotions that come with transitioning kids. I will be doing it in the fall but hope it will be okay doing i tat the beginning of the year. I want to slap the teacher that said it wasn't her problem. HELLO!! She went to school to become a teacher. What does she think she is there to do. Is this the amthe teacher Jenny was telling me about?

I'm glad the tears and tummy aches seem to be going away. Congratulation sto Hannah and Caden for their accomplishments. You are one lucky mom to have such hard working students.

I'm glad you are having a happy day and hop ethere are many more of those to come.

March 29, 2007 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Angie,
Thanks!
I think it is the same teacher Jenny is referring to, although there is another teacher that is just as bad if not worse.

March 29, 2007 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

It's rather disheartening to read about Hannah's teacher saying it was not her problem to help her. I know teachers are overwhelmed with so many kids with so many issues, but that seems like a harsh thing to say. I'm so glad things are improving.

March 29, 2007 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

What a heartbreaking thing for you and your children! I can't believe the teacher would be so heartless. She could at the very least have set up a meeting with you and she and the principal to make a game plan or something! It sounds like you and your kids have managed to make it on your own. Sad that it had to be that way, but great that they are able to work hard and excel!

March 29, 2007 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Well, you know my feelings about the teacher. My heart ached for poor Hannah and Caden with all their school issues. I am glad to see them soaring in school. Hopefully this will boast their confidence to finish out one more year. I know it's a day to day struggle. But know you aren't alone. You are a great mom to your kids no matter what you say!! Glad you had such a great day. Heres to many more!

March 29, 2007 at 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Hannah and Caden! Its hard to be perisitent in the things we don't love. It shows great character in you and the kids to hang in there and find success despite the turmoil and heartbreak. I'm impressed!

March 29, 2007 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

Your kids are going to be so different for having gone through this experience Alli. None of us wants our kids to go through hard times, but really, this is helping to make them resilient, and I think that is the difference between successful ahd happy people and not.

I kind of want to kick that teacher in the knee though!

March 30, 2007 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Amy W. said...

Way to go Hannah and Caden! We know all to well how those transitions can be. My heart goes out to them--and you!

I am stunned that the teacher said that. TRULY stunned. You are such a great mom Allison. Enjoy these well deserved happy days!

March 30, 2007 at 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, Hannah and Caden! I'm not surprised by their success. :) They are great kids and have a great mom. Good things are bound to happen. I'm with Tasha - they are learning important life lessons ... even though it can be so tough. Keep holding them close and cheering them on. They are doing so well! And so are you.

April 3, 2007 at 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home