Tuesday, April 10, 2007

SPT - Easter

This challenge didn't happen in my Sunday best with my kids sporting their matching attire, but it took place during our annual hunt.

As a child my Grandpa and Grandma Bev would put on our annual hunt, and it was the best! I can always remember being so excited for this event. He would always call my Dad and Uncle the night before and tell them to bring extra cash and coin for tomorrow. My dad would always ask why, but he would just say "you'll see".

The hunt was in their yard and it seemed so big and magical with trees, a creek, bridges, and lots of bushes. The hunt seemed to last for hours and what seemed like hundreds of plastic eggs that were hidden just so little eyes could see. These eggs were not only filled with candy, money, but with notes that allowed you to collect a dollar from Uncle Roger or five dollars from my Dad. It was these eggs that made the hunt that much more exciting especially as I got older.

I have always loved Easter egg hunts thanks to my grandparents. I hope that someday when we are around family again my own children will experience what I had as a child, but for now the hunts are simple. I hope that in their eyes they are as grand as they are in mine.

Blogger is not allowing me to post my picture. I will try again later.

9 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Love your memories of your egg hunt. I remember hiding and finding eggs ALL day on Easter. We would hunt, hunt, and rehunt until no one was willing to hide the eggs anymore.

Can't wait to see the picture!

April 10, 2007 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

I need to go to an egg hunt like that. Actually Doug's parents do the money mixed in with candy as well. It's always a challenge for the kids to find the grand 1 $10 bill. Of course we have only got to go to one. I look forward to moving home for that reason.

I hope that blogger allows you to post your photo. I'll keep checking. Hope the movie went well.

April 10, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's the kind of egg hunt we had growing up. i remember if you found the white egg, you got a really big chocolate bunny.

chocolate bunnies creep me out a little bit, though!

April 10, 2007 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Can't wait to see your pictures! It sounds great.

Glad you and your family had a nice Easter!

April 10, 2007 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That sounds like our egg hunts also. I enjoyed your memories.

April 10, 2007 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

bummer about the picture. What browser are you using? Try firefox.

Sounds like a really fun easter egg hunt. That's something I would like to participate in.

April 10, 2007 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Hee hee, notes to go collect $$ from someone else! I love it. I may have to give that a try... So cool that you remember the hunts lasting forever, because usually it seems like they're over almost before they've begun.

April 14, 2007 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

It's so much more fun for older kids when there's money in the eggs. I've never heard of having a note with an IOU kind of thing in it, that would be a much desired egg.

April 15, 2007 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

What a fun tradition! I love the image of the big lush yard surrounded by indulgent uncles. Love it!

April 16, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home