Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Do I play well with others?

I am a wooer-- it stands for winning people over. I enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and getting them to like me. Strangers rarely intimidate me. It actually energizes me. I am drawn to them. I want to learn their name, ask them questions , and anything else that I can during our conversation. I really enjoy initiating conversations with strangers. I find satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with someone new. There are no strangers, only friends I haven't met yet. That is why I took my picture in front of the Louis Armstrong International Airport. I love flying. It gives me a chance to meet a perfect stranger and woo them. My husband is perfectly content to put his headphones on and close his eyes just so he doesn't have to talk to anyone. I on the other hand am the one that wants to know your destination, how long will you be there, is it business or pleasure? Once my connection is made I am content. Wooing is just part of who I am.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

I am glad I am one of your wooers!! That picture is great Ali and it couldn't describe you better. You are definitely the traveling queen.

And you drove all the way to the airport ta boot--go Allison! :)

April 3, 2007 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I lover wooers. What a talent. I love meeting people when I am traveling.

April 3, 2007 at 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And this is just one of the reasons why everyone loves you! You go out of your way to make people feel welcome and loved. I'm glad there are people like you in the world to talk to more shy people like myself.

April 3, 2007 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i took part in an exercise to help define who we are. predictably, i am a maximizer, strategic, futuristic... i wanted to be a WOOer!! it's just not who i am. i envy this quality in you.

April 3, 2007 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

I'm the one who puts headphones on or buries my face in a book -- definitely putting the message out that I want to be left alone! If it weren't for the wooers in this world, I would have no friends. I'm impressed!

April 3, 2007 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

What a great idea for a picture! I wish I was more of a wooer. I am fairly outgoing, but not yet a wooer. Maybe one of these days!

April 3, 2007 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

What an interesting characteristic. I'm more like your husband and have my book and my headphones all set so as to eliminate the chit-chat with the person sitting next to me on a plane.

April 3, 2007 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I admire people like you! I love when someone can get me out of my shell and get me talking.

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

April 3, 2007 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Very admirable. I have anxiety while sitting on a plane watching as people are filing on worried I will be forced to talk to someone. I agree that if there weren't wooers out there I would be friendless. Great post!

April 3, 2007 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Crystalyn said...

what a great gift! i am definitely more like your husband. i could definitely learn a thing or two from you. this doesn't surprise me about you at all...your wooing comes through in all you do.

April 6, 2007 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

Happy Easter!

April 7, 2007 at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home