Thursday, August 23, 2007

New opportunity


I always felt that it as my right of passage to be able to enjoy the time when all of my children would be in school. I would have the time to go to the gym, the grocery, run my errands sans children, but I am feeling my heart strings being tugged a little to tightly. My nest is empty, and it feels unnatural.

So, when the opportunity arose, and I jumped even before consulting Richard to watch this little beauty. It is pure joy to have her in my home for the few hours that she is with me. I get to once again rock a sleeping baby in my arms. Yippee!

9 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

So sweet and even bonus that you are getting paid. Double yippee!

August 23, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I watched a couple of babies while in med school and it helped us survive. I had play money.

She is a cutie.

August 23, 2007 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Jenny Dahl said...

She's cute enough to fit in with your bunch!

August 23, 2007 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

You're so much nicer than me. I can't imagine wanted to fill my empty nest with someone else's baby (no matter how cute she is). I'm loving my empty, clean nest!

August 23, 2007 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Even sweeter for her mother who gets to leave her daughter with a loving and willing mother. Win/win for sure.

August 24, 2007 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Great idea! I think it will be hard once all my kiddos are in school. Have fun!

August 24, 2007 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Becky T said...

That picture of Addie with her is ADORABLE! And Shelby is a lucky girl to spend time in your home every week!

August 24, 2007 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

SHe does look like she could be yours! When we were in residncey, having anothe res wife watch Evie while I worked was a dream come true.

August 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger aidanjordan said...

I am so new to the blogging thing. Katy was telling me "everybody does it". So I got on, and was skimming through everyone's blogs. Imagine my suprise and delight when I saw this! I cried! I know she is in wonderful hands. I couldn't imagine a more loving, sweet mother to watch over my Shelby. Thank you!

August 25, 2007 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home