Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Happenings

Today I have tried to figure out what Valentine's Day means to me. I have never been big on the whole thing. It just seemed like another day to me. I always seem to express to the people in my life how much I love them and how much I appreciate them, but I really want to make each day or holiday with my family so much more meaningful. I want to make lasting memories with my kids. So, today was the perfect day to start, and it doesn't get any better than chocolate fondue. I had strawberries, bananas, pretzels, and graham crackers. The kids had such a great time using their fondue forks to get their favorite and dip them into the melted chocolate. The kids ended up sitting on top of the table so they could get to the chocolate better. Hannah liked the strawberries dipped in chocolate the best.
Caden liked the pretzels and the graham crackers the best. Addie liked the strawberries and didn't like the bananas. Can you tell from her face?
So here is to a new view on a holiday that I use to think was just like any other day. I hope my kids will remember the chocolate fondue and I hope that it can become a new tradition in our home. It was so fun to hear the laughter, see the chocolate from ear to ear, even in Hannah's hair, and to know that the mess on the kitchen table was well worth it.

I would also like to document 14 things why I love my husband:

I love that he loves me
I love his deep singing voice
I love his blue eyes
I love how he is such a hard worker
I love how he lets me talk, even when he doesn't want to listen
I love how he loves our children
I love when he tells me exactly what I need to hear
I love that he is calm
I love how he is self-confident
I love how he always tell me he loves me
I love that he believes in me when I don't think I can
I love how he makes up songs
I love how he cuddles with me
I love that he is my best friend

I love you babe! Happy Valentines Day!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Alli, I love love love the new tradition you started for your family - usually fondue is reserved for the older set, but why? No one could possibly appreciate dipping chocolate more than kids.
What a great list about Richard. Makes me miss you guys!

February 14, 2007 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Crystalyn said...

valentine fondue! yum...what a treat for your kids.

sweet list about your husband.

February 15, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! Sophie had a chocolate fountain at her school party today. Those kiddos looked much like yours. Happy Valentine's Day.

February 15, 2007 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

What a fun tradition. I can imagine that your kids loved every second of it. The fun thing about this is that it will be an easy tradition to keep going as they get older. Great idea! Glad you had a happy Valentine's Day!

February 15, 2007 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yummy! We've had a chocolate fountain before at at Business-School function, and the girls loved it! Great idea!

I like your list about your hubby.

Happy V-Day!

February 15, 2007 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Yummy chocolate fondue. I would have lookes like Addie after eating all of that chocolate. You can never have too much of a good thing.

Great list about Richard. He seems like an amazing dad and husband.

Hope you had a great valentine's day.

February 15, 2007 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Fondue -- what a great idea! I actually made my kids breakfast for Valentine's Day! I'm kind of liking the Fondue idea better. :)

I loved the 14 reasons that you love your husband. Very cute!

February 15, 2007 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am glad you found a fondue maker. Looks like you guys had a great night.

Love the list about Richard. I will call you later...

February 15, 2007 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Brilliant and fun idea. I'm sure your kiddos will look forward to V day with eager anticipation now--even more!

February 15, 2007 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

What a great tradition. You are such a great mom.

What a great list about your husband-- he sounds like a great guy.

February 16, 2007 at 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I might have to follow in your footsteps on this one. Great idea. I'm not a chocolate fan but that shouldn't mean my kids don't get to dip, double dip, lick it off and dip again. How fun.

February 16, 2007 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Shawna B. said...

Hooray for chocolate fondue! And hooray for you for making the day special. A little goes a long way with children, I love that they are so delighted by even the smallest things.

Sweet list about Richard, too. I can tell you had a wonderful day!

February 16, 2007 at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home