Friday, February 2, 2007

Recap of the Week

Wow, I can't believe it is Friday already! I will try to give you the run down of what has been going on in the Matern home since my last post.


  • Hannah was a Hundred Year Old Lady for One Hundred Days
    • I went and saw Catch and Release with some Girlfriends
    • Hannah gave a great talk in Church on Faith in Jesus Christ

    • I was able to take dinner to a friend who had just lost her father to cancer

    • Addie and I attended the Pottery Barn Kids Story Time (she had a blast playing with all the toys)

    • I received some great good mail that made my day, and boosted my spirits from Shawna and Amy W. Thank you! Thank you!

    • I checked the kids out early from school for an appointment with Dr. Mom....They needed a little extra TLC. Dr. Mom had cupcakes waiting for them to frost and decorate
    • Richard taught Caden how to tie his shoes, so that he won't get a bad mark on his report card
    There was a lot of laundry, vacuuming, and cleaning during all of this, but the week is finally winding down. Hannah will go with her Gymnastics team to LSU to watch them compete. I am hoping to catch a flick with a friend, so all and all we are still trying to find our groove here in our old/new home. The kids are trying to make the best out of this situation, but I think they too are counting down the months until Richards residency is over.

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Angie said...

    I can't beleive it is Friday either. Sounds like you had a good week. Movies with girlfriends are the best. Jenny and I were just saying how we want to go to one soon. I wish it was tonight!!
    Good Mail is great for your spirit and soul. Glad you go tsome sent your way this week.
    Bad marks on report card for not knowing how to tie your shoes? What happened to focusing on math, reading, spelling?
    Dr. Mom is a great idea. I may hav eto try that soon.
    Have a fabulous weekend.

    February 2, 2007 at 4:17 PM  
    Blogger Jordan said...

    Lucky kids to have such a mom! Will you guys go back to Utah post residency?

    February 3, 2007 at 9:41 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love that you checked them out for a "dr." appointment. How sweet!

    February 3, 2007 at 11:04 AM  
    Blogger Elizabeth said...

    I love keeping my daughter home occasionally for a special Mom time.
    I think it really does make them feel special.

    February 3, 2007 at 11:30 AM  
    Blogger Jill said...

    It looks like your family has a had a substantial week. It's fun to see the highlights. How was the movie?

    February 3, 2007 at 11:31 AM  
    Blogger jenny said...

    I am loving your checkup time with the kids. You are the best mom!

    I too am wondering how the movie was. Wish I was there to attend with you. Tell Hannah good luck from us!

    February 3, 2007 at 1:08 PM  
    Blogger Shawna B. said...

    Appointments with Dr. Mom are the best kind! In fact, I took Hayden out early on Friday for that very reason! You are finding your groove and the city is lucky to have you back ! Good job to Caden learning to tie his shoes ... we are still working on that with Curtis ... Also, I love Hannah as a 100 year old lady! Hilarious!

    So glad you got the package. :) We're here, cheering you on!

    February 3, 2007 at 3:38 PM  
    Blogger melanie said...

    You have been a busy mama! I prefer busy over nothing at all. You sound like you do too. Thanks so much for the recipes, I've already tried one!

    What a good idea to have a Dr. Mom appointment. I'm going to have to remember that one!

    February 4, 2007 at 3:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hannah's picture is great! Glad you got the little package. You can use that fabulous sugar cookie recipe of yours. (or take the easy route like me and buy premade!) :)

    February 4, 2007 at 11:55 PM  
    Blogger everything pink! said...

    oh my the 100 year old lady.. brilliant!

    February 5, 2007 at 10:16 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm with Kristi... I am sitting here thinking that is the most creative 100's day thing I have ever heard of!

    What happens after Richard's residency is over?

    February 6, 2007 at 7:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HI Allison! I just found your blog! I'm really looking forward to keeping in touch and getting to know you better through this wonderful world of blogging! So glad to see you are safe and sound back in New Orleans. Hats off to the rigorous gymnastics schedule. I can hardly do 1.5 hours a week with Sadie (with my 3 boys climbing the walls while I watch- yhew...quite stressful!)

    February 6, 2007 at 9:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home