Friday, January 26, 2007

Back to the Gym


It was Hannah's first time back to Elmwood Gymnastics Center on Wednesday since the Storm. It was one of those moments for me that I had to stop and take a deep breathe before entering the doors. I still remember getting Hannah's phone call from the gym that her practice had been cut short due to the severity of the storm, and I needed to come and get her as soon as possible.

It has been a year and a half since her little body has tumbled across those mats, so in small way it is a new beginning for her with this team. She will be competing in February (she is a little disapointed that she is not able to go to NY...she missed the signups) and is on a busy workout schedule MWF from 4-7:30 and Sat 9-12. I just hope that we can keep up with her homework.

We are excited that we have made this full circle, and are grateful that she has a place to go to do gymnastics.

9 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

I love that picture of Hannah. I always secretly wanted to have a gymnast body when I was her age. So cute.

Looks like you guys are slowly getting back into the groove. I hope it continues to go smoothly.

January 26, 2007 at 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, girl! She looks darling! I had no idea she was such a gymnast!
So many re-firsts for you guys these next few months. Then you will be experiencing the lasts again!

January 26, 2007 at 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right! Hannah's back at the gym! SHe's a natural. The long training hours bring back so many memories. You are a good mama to keep making that drive! My poor mom spent so much time in the car getting me to and from the gym. I guess that just what we do, huh? I'm glad Hannah's back at it because I know she enjoys it so much. Wish her luck! Keep us posted on her adventures. I love reliving my gym days through her! :)

January 26, 2007 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Jenny Dahl said...

What a little stud! I must admit that I am not surprised after watching her flips of the side of the old apartment pool! Its fun to see what all these little kids enjoy and do so well.

January 26, 2007 at 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks so cute Allison! I bet it must feel great to be back into something so familiar and important to her.

January 28, 2007 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger kristin wise said...

I'm with Shawna. Brings back memories of my gymnastics days. And yes, so much time spent driving and waiting and watching. Emma just goes twice a week right now and I feel like it is a lot. She does love it though. Almost as much as I do.

Go Hannah! Keep us updated on her meets and such. I love hearing about everyone's kids and what they're up to.

January 30, 2007 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger kristin wise said...

I'm with Shawna. Brings back memories of my gymnastics days. And yes, so much time spent driving and waiting and watching. Emma just goes twice a week right now and I feel like it is a lot. She does love it though. Almost as much as I do.

Go Hannah! Keep us updated on her meets and such. I love hearing about everyone's kids and what they're up to.

January 30, 2007 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thank you for the great recipe cards. What a great idea. They all sound so delicious! It is always fun to see those good mail labels in my mailbox.

January 30, 2007 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I'm impressed with Hannah's commitment to gymnastics, wow! So fun to hear what you and yours are up to!

January 30, 2007 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home