Monday, February 12, 2007

A choice, a field trip, and bowling

Friday I was scheduled for a 9:00 highlight appointment that I had scheduled for weeks, and I am in desperate need of, but it was also Addie's first field trip on a big yellow school bus. I could not miss the opportunity for a fun filled morning, so I cancelled my appointment and joined Addie and her classmates. Our first stop was visiting the big Clydesdale's Horses (they come in town every year for Mardi Gras).
Our next stop was to the post office to mail their valentines. They had been playing post office in school, so this was a fun way for the children to put what they had learned in the classroom to good use. Our final destination was to Cafe Du Monde to get Beignets and chocolate milk. Addie had so much fun eating her Beignet and sitting at the table with her friends. Some of her classmates' beignets did not have enough powdered sugar on them, so they just poured real sugar on them instead.It was such a fun morning to see Addie enjoy her first field trip and her first time on a yellow school bus. I think she liked riding the school bus more than anything else. She said "it was so bouncy it made my tummy jiggle".
Richard had the whole weekend off, so we asked the kids what they wanted to do as a family and they chose to go bowling. We headed off to bowling alley just in time to get one game in before it was turned over to the leagues. Addie was a little disappointed that she still doesn't fit into bowling shoes, but it didn't seem to hurt her game seeing how she bowled a 100.

It was a great weekend. We topped it off by making and frosting our valentines cookies. What fun!

11 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Glad to hear you had a fun weekend. I am sad that Taylor's trip to the post office at John Calvin was canceled her year. I was so looking forward to it. But that was during that whole anthrax thing.

Love the bowling pictures and Jared is lovin' Caden's hair--he thinks it's cool!

February 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great field trip. I haven't been able to join Sadie on any of her's yet. For some reason bringing 3 little boys into a firestation or the local grocery store paints a chaotic picture in my mind. I think I would be more of a distraction than help! One of these days I'll get to!!!!

February 12, 2007 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I always plan on going on field trips, then when it comes time for it, I'm never excited about it. I go and have a good time watching the girls have a great time.

Glad you had some fun family time this weekend. You gotta love the weekends off!

February 12, 2007 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a fun field trip. It is so great when we are able to go with them.

February 13, 2007 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Brook said...

Field trips seem so far off for me, but wait a second, Addy is not that much older than Emma! YIKES. I look forward to such fun times. She is not shy for the camera, that's for sure. She is so cute.

February 13, 2007 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Looks like you made a fun choice to go along on your daughters field trip...though I hope it doesn't take too long to get another hair appointment. I don't know about you, but having fresh highlights always makes me feel better!

That sounds like a really great field trip with lots of fun stops. I can't believe Addie bowled 100...that's pretty darn good!

February 13, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go on a field trip, what fun. That horse looks gianormous next to your little girl.

February 13, 2007 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Chanel Palmer said...

What a good Mom. Good hair/field trip, that's a hard choice. I'm sure you were glad that you went and she was thrilled that you went.

FYI- Haley told me that she can't remember the Zoo down there- it broke my heart. We need to come visit!

February 13, 2007 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Amy W. said...

You are GOOD mom. Giving up an appointment with Jonathon is tough! What I would have done to take your place with the best hair stylist EVER!

February 13, 2007 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

Happy Valentines Day!!

February 14, 2007 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Crystalyn said...

sounds like a fun weekend!

happy valentine's day allison!

February 14, 2007 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home