Sunday, January 14, 2007

How 'bout dem Saints!!!

I'm not so sure you are aware, but I bet your husbands know that the Saints knocked off the Philadelphia Eagles yesterday and will be going to the NFC Championship Game (1st time in Saints history) in Chicago next week. The curse of the Dome has been lifted!




Football in NOLA is something very exciting right now. The people here are going crazy about black and gold. I spent thirty minutes in line at the Black and Gold store to get my kids shirts to wear to school. The uniforms were covered and the colors of the Saints were proudly worn . Addie even got to participate and wear her Saint shirt to pre-school on Friday.






This football team has given this city hope when it has had none. It has rebuilt a place that once held refugees instead of fans. As the sign says on the Super Dome "Our Home. Our Team. Be a Saint".


I would also like to add that I got to some good mail this weekend. Angie was sweet and sent me a nice Welcome Home package. Somehow I feel as if we have been friends for years. She knew just the right words to say and just the right things to put in the package. I feel very blessed to have met her. Thanks again. I love it!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

It was a great game! We were cheering right along with you!
Tasha

January 14, 2007 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I didn't watch, but we knew it was going on. Yeah Saints! Your kids look great in their gear.

January 15, 2007 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH BABY!!!! Not only were we watching, but we were going CRAZY! So proud of those SAINTS! Look out, Bears...

January 15, 2007 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I love getting "GOOD MAIL"
We also love football in our house. BYU, Oklahoma ( OU) and Seattle Seahawks

January 15, 2007 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger sara b said...

GO SAINTS! Were thrilled to watch them win! That city deserves all the good fortune it can get. Wy to be a part of it and get your kids involved.

January 15, 2007 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger sara b said...

That was supposed to be, "Way" to be a part of it and get your kids involved. OOPS!

January 15, 2007 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Woo Hoo!! I'm glad New Orleans is making a come back especially the Saints. That is a great way to lift the city's spirits. Cute shirts for the kiddos.

I'm glad you got the package. I feel like we have known each other for a long time , too.

January 15, 2007 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Yes indeed Geaux Saints! Doug watched the game last night too. So glad you got some good mail to lift your spirits. Those peanut butter m&M's look tasty right about now (I'm out :(

January 15, 2007 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Chanel Palmer said...

How dare you assume that we are unaware of the sports world just because we are female! Ok, so you were right I had no idea.

That win is just what the NOLA needs. I am so excited, I actually want to watch the game.

January 15, 2007 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I was unaware of the curse had been lifted (or that there was a curse) so hooray for that! The pictures of the kids in their gear is very cute.

Score on the good mail! So thoughtful.

January 16, 2007 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Chanel Palmer said...

So sorry about your loss.

January 22, 2007 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home