Monday, January 22, 2007

Nighttime NOLA





They may seem like just ordinary beds, a place to close your eyes and hopefully dream of something wonderful, but these beds have turned into one of the things that I am thankful for being back in my house. Lately when I have tucked my children in for the night, and hope they are settled for the evening . I have had the opportunity to have some alone time with my older children. Caden, my son, will ask if I will talk with him for a few minutes. He will then proceed to tell me about his day at school, how he misses his old school , his friend Carson and being his mother I try to assure him that everything is going to be OK. I kiss him goodnight for the second time and he begs for just a few more minutes to talk, so I kneel back down and listen to him some more. I am finally able to move to the last child who has now decided she can no longer fall asleep in her room because her little sister talks too much and is bothering her, although I think she just was making an excuse to have some time alone to talk instead of having to go right to sleep. She is now in my room to let Addie fall asleep by herself without anyone to talk to. I kiss Hannah goodnight and she asks me to lay down with her for just a few minutes. She then rolls over and gives me the play by play of the day. I am so grateful for these beds that I am able to kneel by to hear my son tell me about his troubles and his triumphs. For my bed that I am able to lay down beside my oldest daughter and have her tell me of her day.

I really have enjoyed being in MY HOUSE and have everyone in THEIR BEDS. I truly love my kids and spending precious childhood time with them in our very own space.



I can't express how grateful I am to each of my new blogging friends. Today I received two pieces of good mail one from the queen Jill and the other from Dana. Thank you! It was so nice of both of you to think of me.



Happy Birthday Tasha!

8 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Those times are the best. Just recently I have been doing that with Luke. It's amazing how much they open up and talk when you offer. I am glad you guys are able to have your own space now too. And if I were you I would have missed my bed as well. Coming first hand you bed is pretty comfy!

January 23, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love to sit and chat with my girls at bedtime. Even though I'm rushing them off to bed when they FINALLY get themselves there, I come in to tuck them in and lay across their bed and chat. Having Mackenzi & Maci share a room and bed makes it hard to have one on one chats but they love for the three of us to giggle together. Having Maryn still in her crib is a blessing, but it doesn't allow for little nightime chats. I hold her jsut for a second and whisper I love you's in her ear and then toss her in bed. One day soon this will change. THey will all be in their own rooms and own beds and we will spend many nights having girl talk and I can't wait.

I'm glad you are loving being in your home even though somedays and moments may be tough.

January 23, 2007 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Shawna B. said...

Beautiful post, Allison. I know how much it has meant to you to have all your children in THEIR own beds again. I love those nighttime moments too - it seems that's the time of day my boys really open up and talk (maybe it's a stalling tactic so they don't have to go to sleep, but I'll take it!).

Glad you're back where you belong for now ... good old New Orleans.

January 23, 2007 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I too love to sit and chat with my girls at bedtime. Even though I'm rushing them off to bed when they FINALLY get themselves there, I come in to tuck them in and lay across their bed and chat. Having Mackenzi & Maci share a room and bed makes it hard to have one on one chats but they love for the three of us to giggle together. Having Maryn still in her crib is a blessing, but it doesn't allow for little nightime chats. I hold her jsut for a second and whisper I love you's in her ear and then toss her in bed. One day soon this will change. THey will all be in their own rooms and own beds and we will spend many nights having girl talk and I can't wait.

I'm glad you are loving being in your home even though somedays and moments may be tough

January 23, 2007 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

What a sweet post. My kids are in bunk beds so it makes conversations like that a bit difficult. I usually get to talk to them one-on-one during the day at some point.

January 23, 2007 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

What a great post.
I also enjoy the night time talks with each of my children. My daughter is 11 and still likes me to tuck her in at night. I am so glad that your children have a nice warm bed to sleep in at night.

January 23, 2007 at 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. Love those personal tender moments with your babies in their own beds (or YOUR own, as the case may be)! You are definitely highlighting some sweet transitional times for your family!

January 23, 2007 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

There is truly no place like home. We felt that especially at the beginning of this year when our holiday travels turned a little sour with Seth's almond ordeal. We were just so grateful when we were finally all under the same roof--OUR roof! Sweet post.

January 24, 2007 at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home