Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Letting the good times roll

Laissez les bon temps rouler ( let the good times roll) is just what we have been doing this Mardi Gras. Monday we packed our dinner of PB&J's for the kids and Chicken sandwiches for Rich and I, along with the king cake that I stood in line for that morning at Randazzo's for 45 minutes. Yes, I did wait in line to just get a king cake, and it was well worth it. We then made our way uptown for the the Lundi Gras celebration. Our ladder box was raised our chairs placed, and we were ready for all the beads and cups we could handle. Our kids loved shouting to the krewe members "throw me something mister".
It was a great night to be back in NOLA celebrating on St Charles Ave. We woke up Tuesday ready to do it all over again. This time we headed to Metairie with our great friends the Bushmans who were in town for the celebration. We had great seats in the police section (I guess it does pay off to have friends). We had a great time laughing at our selves trying to convince the krewe members to give us "big beads". We ended up with 2 Mardi Gras bags full of beads and 1 garbage bag that is half full. We did end up getting some "big beads". Our family had a great time experiencing Mardi Gras. It is like nothing else in the world. I hope we can celebrate Mardi Gras forever.

9 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Wish I was there to taste that 45 minute king cake. Hopefully it was worth the wait. Fun pictures :)

February 23, 2007 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Your pictures are great and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. That must be some pretty yummy cake. Is it like a pound cake or what is it exactly?

February 23, 2007 at 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you great time! See you next year!

February 23, 2007 at 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids look so cute dripping in beads! Glad you guys had such a fun time!

February 23, 2007 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Mardi Gras sounds like so much fun. I'm glad that you had a good time.

February 24, 2007 at 1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mardi Gras heaven! Great pictures of the happy day! 45 minutes ... yep, well worth it if it was Randazzo's! Glad you had such a great time.

February 24, 2007 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I love seeing the french phrases come out at Mardi Gras. I'm Canadian, and french was a required subject for me. In real life I never use it, so it's fun to read the Mardi Gras lingo.

February 24, 2007 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 24, 2007 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Chanel Palmer said...

So Fun!
I love it!
I'm glad that you guys had such a great time. I miss trying to get the "big beads". It's funny how hard you work for those beads, but then they sit in the garage.
Thanks for the photos!

February 26, 2007 at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home