Monday, January 8, 2007

Day of Firsts






It's my first day of school. I'm a little scared, but I'm prepared. I brushed my teeth, I combed my hair, and I waved bye-bye. It's my first day of school.




It's my children's second time to have a first day of school this year. It was my second time crying and my second time making my traditional 1st day of school chocolate chip cookies. We went from no school uniforms to the fabulous Birney green, three recesses to one, being able to walk to and from school to carpool lanes. Thank goodness the children are resilient and try to find the good in every situation. I think I was more worried than they were until it was homework time it took us three hours to complete Hannah's second grade work. I think she was a little overwhelmed, but plugged right throught it like a true champion. I hope and pray I see better days for myself.


Caden just marched right in like he had been there from the begining. He did get a firm reminding to tuck in his shirt.


Addie on the other hand stated that her teacher talked to loud which is ironic for my loud mouth chatter box. It is very comforting to know that she is attending the same school that both of her siblings went to.







Richard also started back to work today at Tulane it was his first time back since the storm. He mostly filled out paper work, and tried to get his ID's for some of the new hospitals. He also needed to get finger printed for the VA, but was unsucessful. We will see what happen tomorrow, because he is on call.






Here is to a day of many firsts lets just hope they are a little less tearful for mom.






14 Comments:

Blogger Chanel Palmer said...

It's the transition that is so hard. It will get better. So fun to see photos of your kids!

January 8, 2007 at 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First days of school are something that mom's should only have to suffer through once a year. You're right though, kids are resiliant and many times help us more than we help them. Hang in there Ali!

January 9, 2007 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

hope you are having a better day today. Hugs from San Antonio. Love your guts!!

January 9, 2007 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

That's rough to have to start over again in the middle of the school year, but as someone who moved a ton as a kid I can tell you that it's better than moving in the summer because it's easier to make friends and get acclimated. I don't know what to advise you as the mom though, are any of your friends or old ward members still there?

January 9, 2007 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

I was thinking of you and wondering how the first Sunday back was and how yesterday went. Chocolate chip cookies make EVERYTHING better, and yours are awesome!

January 9, 2007 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I have heard so much about you and your family through Jenny. You all have been through sooo much! Good luck with all of the "first" that are happening again. They will be over soon. Take care!

January 9, 2007 at 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you a million times for letting us peek at your world-in-transition. The photo of you and the girls baking is amazing, and you will probably tear up when you look back at it as a 75-yr-old Grandma someday telling little ones about the year of 2 first days, and how great your kiddos did. There are still special chocolate chip cookie days, no matter where you live.
Love you!

January 9, 2007 at 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firsts are always hard but chocolate chip cookies make everything better. You're kids are so cute.

January 10, 2007 at 4:51 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Yunny cookies.!!!!!
First days are so hard. I hope things gets better .

January 10, 2007 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger melanie said...

The kids look adorable! I wish I was as resilient as them! Good luck!!

January 10, 2007 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Things will be better soon. Hang in there and keep baking the cookies with the kids, they are sure to make everything all better. Your kids are cuties!

January 10, 2007 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger sara b said...

So glad to find your blog! It will be fun to keep up to date on your beautiful family. Jenny is right. . .once a year is enough. We hope to head to the Big Easy for a visit sometime in the next year. Oh how I would love to get a Foodies burger with you, you find a new place and I am there. Best wished to you all!

January 10, 2007 at 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart ached when I read about sweet Hannah trying to complete her homework. Changing schools
AND curriculum is touch! Sophie can relate well! I am sending prayers and good wishes your way! Hang in there!

January 11, 2007 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Oh, I can't imagine doin that twice!! It WILL get easier. Cute kiddos!

January 13, 2007 at 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home