Monday, March 26, 2007

Paradise, and then back again!

We had the wonderful opportunity of spending the last 8 days on the wonderful Island of Maui. We were lucky enough to accompany Richard's parents on a Banking Convention to the Grand Wailea Resort & Spa. It was great to return to the beautiful island that I spent my honeymoon on ten years ago.

Highlights of our trip
Getting the girls hair braided on the beach (worth every penny)

The Breath taking view from the lanai


The water slides at the pool

The Tarzan Swing

Jumping on a trampoline in the ocean

Drinking Pina Coladas poolside (that is something I could get use to)

Went to the Whale Museum in Lahina

Went to a Luau
Learned how to Hula
Saw an amazing sunset
Meet up with my parents, and went on a glass bottom boat to the Molokini Crater
Caden and Richard tried Sport fishing while on the boat. They did not catch anything since it is currently whale season.
Went snorkeling while at the crater
Had the wonderful opportunity to see lots of fish, whales, dolphins and turtles
Addie flirted with Captain Tom
I spent a luxurious day at the spa getting a facial, massage, manicure, and pedicure
The kids enjoyed seven wonderful days at the pool. They loved getting the new color wrist bands each day to add to the tally. They would try and guess what color would be next.
I can't believe our time has come and gone from the land of paradise. I have such wonderful memories of the days spent with my family. This Island will not only be a place I came when I was first in love, but it is now a place that my children will love as much as I love it. I think they will love it maybe for different reasons, but for whatever reasons they do love this place called Hawaii.

10 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

What a great set of photos and all so breath taking. I vote the last one for Christmas cards!! So glad you had such a wonderful vacation. Good luck coming back to reality. I know that's the hard part :)

March 27, 2007 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Aloha! It looks like you had a fun vacation. I LOVE Maui. We spent Christmas 2005 there with all my family and we had a blast. The Grand Wailea is a beautiful hotel...and right in the middle of the great beaches. I could also get used to drinking Pina Coladas all day by the poolside. Sorry you have to come back to reality. Reading your post took me away down memory lane for a minute!!!

March 27, 2007 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so jealous! Hawaii is one place I dream of going. I always thought Greg & I would go alone but your fun adventures with your kids makes me want to take the whole fam. Great pictures and I agree the last one looks like a Christmas card in the making.

March 27, 2007 at 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip! You guys did so much while you were there -- it looks like so much fun. What wonderful memories for your family.

March 27, 2007 at 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time in paradise! So glad you got to go! Great pictures - I'm with Jenny - there's your Christmas card photo! Glad you're back safe and sound. :)

March 27, 2007 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time in our islands. How fun to return to the scene of your honeymoon.

March 27, 2007 at 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha is right! What a vacation at the worlds best destination. Matt and I also honeymooned on Maui. Its a magical place. Your family is beautiful-loved the braids! Here's to pina coladas poolside-cheers!

March 27, 2007 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

That all looks like too much fun! Love the whale tail.

March 27, 2007 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

You all look great! It looks like a fabulous trip!

March 27, 2007 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Chanel Palmer said...

Ohhh, so fun. I love Hawaii and can't wait to go back. I'm glad that you guys had such a great time.

You children are all so beautiful!

April 4, 2007 at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home