Monday, January 1, 2007

Visit to San Antonio


We got our "Chuy's" experience

We got to Doug & Jenny's house late Saturday night. We traveled through a terrible snow storm the night before. It was very scary driving through a blizard dragging our uhaul. Luckily, we made it to a hotel before the roads closed down in Albequerque, NM. Several people were stranded on the highway from all of the snow. Saturday we drove another 10+ hours and finally made it into San Antonio around midnight.

Here we are at the Alamo. This is one of the stops we wanted to make in San Antonio. I had heard so many things about it, I wanted to see it for myself. It was much smaller than I imaged it would be. We also took a boat tour ride on the riverwalk.




Today I went on a walk with Jenny & Angie. It was FREEZING cold. I think the temperature was about 32 degrees. So, I not only got to go to Chuy's in San Antonio, but got to go on Jenny's daily walk with her. We left the Clouse's around 11am to head on back to New Orleans.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

That's so great that you got to go to Chuy's and on Jenny and Angie's morning walk with them. It must have made their blogs come alive for you.

I'm glad you made it through that scary snow storm. That would have seriously freaked me out.

January 2, 2007 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I've been checking for your next post all day.

I was so excited to have you join us on our walk even if it was bitter cold. I'm still craving Chuy's since I missed out on it this weekend.

Glad you are safe and sound in your own home. Any dejunking pictures to post? Jenny said you had gone through a lot of stuff already. I hope the transition back to New Orleans goes smoothly.

January 2, 2007 at 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went on the famous daily walk! Lucky gal!
Happy New Year today!

January 2, 2007 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

So jealous! I am impressed that those girls walk rain or shine!

Good to see you!

January 2, 2007 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! So glad to see you up and running. Thinking of you these next few days as you are settling in. Best of luck!

January 2, 2007 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

hey. yea and hip hip horray.
take these next few days a day at a time.

January 3, 2007 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

You got to go on the famous walk!? So fun to visit friends. Good luck on the ongoing move.

January 4, 2007 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home